Terms and Conditions of Services
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT – WEB DESIGN SERVICES
These conditions, which are construed under English Law, are applicable to Services Online Limited (Services Online Ltd) and should be read in conjunction with other documents and/or the correspondence comprising our offer.
1. The Contract for Web Design services is to be based on the conditions herein or detailed in the contractual estimate.
2. Web Design accounts will be rendered in advance or in stage payments if previously agreed. Payment of all accounts and invoices without retention or discount is required within thirty days from the date of invoice, interest being chargeable on overdue accounts at 2% per month above the Average Basic Lending Rate of the four major clearing banks.
a. A fifty per cent deposit is required on all web design contracts.
b. All fees for our Search Engine and Directory configuration and submission services are payable in advance.
c. All Hosting and Domain Name Registration fees are payable in advance to Services Online Ltd.
d. Services Online Ltd will issue one statement only for each invoice submitted.
e. Unpaid invoices will bring about automatic suspension, on the hosting renewal date, for all hosting services supplied by Services Online Ltd.
f. Should a client's hosting be suspended a reconnection fee of £50.00 will be charged for each reconnection of any hosting solution requested by you to Services Online Ltd in writing, such payment to be made in advance and subject to clearance through our bank.
g. Unpaid invocies will bring about complete deletion of all website files, databases and emails 14 days after the due renewal date. All services will be lost and not recoverable.
h. Services Online Ltd cannot be held liable for any loss of business resulting from the termination of any hosting accounts.
i. Services Online Ltd cannot be held liable for any potential future loss of business resulting from the termination of any hosting accounts.
j. Services Online Ltd cannot be held liable for any loss of business resulting from the termination of any Web Design services.
4. Any offer will remain open for acceptance for a period of 60 (sixty) days from the date of our contractual estimate. If, for any reason, The Company is not permitted to commence the work within 60 (sixty) days of acceptance of our offer, we reserve the right to re-negotiate.
5. Any rates quoted, or standard schedules included, relate to works within the United Kingdom unless specifically stated to the contrary.
6. Reports, drafts and all other records provided by Services Online Ltd are private and confidential between the Client and Services Online Ltd and they may not be used or relied upon by any other party without the prior consent of Services Online Ltd. Liability to any third party for any reason is specifically excluded unless separately agreed in writing.
7. Title in the works together with all the information contained therein and all data generated under the Contract, between Services Online Ltd and the Client, shall remain vested in Services Online Ltd until the Client has discharged all its obligations under Sections 2 to 3 inclusive above, whereupon the benefit of the design shall be used by the Client exclusively for the project on which the services were originally required, payment in accordance with Clause 2. and 3. above does not discharge copyrights. Liability to any third party for any reason is specifically excluded unless separately agreed in writing.
8. Notwithstanding Condition 7 above, copyright and all intellectual property rights in the work prepared by Services Online Ltd for the Client, shall remain vested in Services Online Ltd until such time as all fees have been paid. The copyright and all intellectual property rights will pass to the Client after final payment.
9. Under no circumstances shall Services Online Ltd be liable to the Client for an indirect or consequential loss suffered by the Client relying on the information included in the works prepared by Services Online Ltd including (without limitation) loss of profit, loss of Contracts or pure economic loss. Any liability is strictly limited to the direct losses associated with remedial costs of the work only, not to include claims for delays, out of sequence working, non productive overtime, award of costs, etc. Liability to any third party for any reason is specifically excluded unless separately agreed in writing.
10. Where the Client intends to use any work or information provided by Services Online Ltd, or any work and information becomes involved in litigation then the Client will both advise Services Online Ltd in writing and seek the approval prior to using the report. Services Online Ltd reserves the right to refuse to provide documents for use in litigation.
11. The total liability of Services Online Ltd is to the Client only whether as to specie, quantum or duration of liability, no other obligations are to be implied into the Contract, whether as to the giving of bonds, warranties, or guarantees unless expressly detailed therein. Liability to any third party for any reason is specifically excluded unless separately agreed in writing.
12. Services Online Ltd will use all reasonable endeavor to meet quoted completion dates. However, time is not the essence of the Contract and Services Online Ltd will not be liable in cases of late reporting, however, caused, nor shall lateness be deemed to be a breach of Contract or an act of negligence.
13. Changes to any work completed or part completed requested by the client or any other part beyond our control, will be charged to the Client on a time basis at Standard Rate of £60.00 (sixty pounds) per hour.
14. Unless specifically stated, our price does not include for any costs or services which may be required from other Consultants, should other Consultants be required the client shall bear the net costs of such.
15. The Web Design Contract can be terminated by either The Client or Services Online Ltd by giving 30 days notice in writing of their intention to terminate all services. The Client will pay all outstanding invoices on or before the termination date. All services supplied by Services Online Ltd will cease on the termination date.