What is a Content Managed Website?
Content Management Systems, also known as CMS, provide a way for our clients to update their websites by logging into a password protected area.Back in "the old days" websites were designed using HTML only. This meant that unless the client was proficient in HTML, FTP and Validation, any future updates to the website, whether it was content, graphics, links or navigation had to be completed by the web design company.
Some of our clients still prefer this method as the initial cost can be less than completing a full Content Management System (CMS), or they are unable to devote the time, nor have the expertise, to complete the updates themselves.
A full password protected content managed website can allow clients to update some, or all, of the following services:
- Add, modify or delete all page content including images
- Image, PDF and other required document uploads
- Add a new page, category, sub category, sub sub category automatically updating the navigation bar
- Modify or delete a current page, category, sub category, sub sub category automatically updating the navigation bar
- Add, modify or delete links to other pages, websites or items of interest I.E. PDFs
- Add, modify or delete latest news in a selected area in all pages
- Add Twitter logo and feeds, Facebook logo and feeds, and other social media images and links to a selected area in all pages
- Search Engine information including Title and Description tags
The following are just a couple of examples of content managed websites completed by Services Online Ltd.